WELCOME AND BIENVENUE!
The 2023-24 school year is underway with lots of great learning happening. Holyrood offers programming primarily in French Immersion for Kindergarten through Grade 6. We are phasing out our English program but still have classes in Grade 4-6. We will only be offering English programming in Grades 5 and 6 for the 2024-25 school year.
Registration for the 2024-25 school year opens on February 1, 2024. We hope you make the choice to join our vibrant French community! All new registrations must be submitted online.
FRENCH IMMERSION KINDERGARTEN INFORMATION
Open House: Thursday January 25 from 4:30-6:00pm
- This is a chance to come and meet many of the staff and community members that support Holyrood’s French Immersion program and make our school community such an exciting place to learn.
- It will be primarily targeted at prospective Kindergarten students, but all grades can come as we have open boundaries and currently have no restrictions on our enrollment.
- It will be an interactive family event where parents are encouraged to come with their children any time during the time slot - but do plan to be here for about 45 minutes to an hour!
- It will be a trade show style event with tables and various members of our staff and school community available to talk to visitors and show them specific resources. Our stations will feature:
- Registration procedures
- Student Transportation, ie. yellow bus service
- AHS Health nurse with information on immunizations and overall school health
- General school information and meet and greet with many staff
- School tours
- Kindergarten program set up
- Tour of our sensory spaces
- Chance to view literacy and math resources
- Opportunity to do a craft from our Makerspace
- Musical instrument play time
- Story time
- Holyrood School Council: meet some of our parent leaders and find out how you can get involved
- IISLE: members from our team of French consultants with resources and supports for parents, teachers and students
- Canadian Parents For French: information on how to support your child even if you do not speak French
- And more!
This will be an event you do not want to miss with fun for the whole family!
Committing to a school, and a French Immersion program, is one we know needs much consideration as it is a 7 year commitment to a community that will become an extended part of your family. If you are still wondering if this is the right fit for you, we will be holding two “Taste of Kindergarten” sessions where a parent can come with their 4 year old and participate in 1 hour of French Kindergarten programming. To do this, you need to sign up by either calling the office at 780-466-2292 or emailing us at email@example.com
- The two dates for a Taste of Kindergarten are:
- Monday, January 29 from 1:00-2:00pm
- Monday, February 5 from 1:00-2:00pm
The next school year seems like a long way away, but pre-registration and new registrations for 2024-25 open on February 1, 2024. We hope you enjoy your time with us and make the decision to join the Holyrood French Immersion community!
Please enjoy this video featuring Holyrood and Ross Sheppard Schools where we talk about the many aspects of joining a French Immersion school community.